Mega-Corp Business Collaboration Firm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hits from the first thread and discussion of them.

2 posters

Go down

Hits from the first thread and discussion of them. Empty Hits from the first thread and discussion of them.

Post  Chairman of the Board Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:26 am

Here is most of the stuff from thread 1.

"Also, I just got an idea for a new one (or at least I've never heard of one). A corporate LARP.
Basically you would get your little group (like a house or clan or whatever in a fantasy larp) and you would each take a management position in a corporation; CEO, CIO, CSO, C-- etc. Everyone would dress the part, maybe get a handful of business cards and the event would be like a corporate luncheon. Each corporation would try and get business/do some corporate espionage /etc.with different goals from each group."
"Bonus points if it's something played in the business parts of downtown with little to no indication of what's going on."
"Maybe actions are resolved on a business card system? Depending on your job and corporation at the start of each event you get a set of business cards that resolve different actions - a spy might have cards that allow him to steal a target's cards to pose as another corporation's CFO. A CEO or CFO might have more defensively oriented cards that represent his clout and wealth and can be use to fend off hostile takeover. A corporation could then have its spies harrying and weakening a rival before its CFO leverages a buyout, et cetera."
"Corporations aren't all about hostile takeovers, of course, that's just one way to interact. Depending on your corporate strategy your options change - litigious companies make money by lawsuits and threats thereof, a company with strong HR can headhunt powerful employees to raise their value. Every company is gauged by its stock, which acts add both HP and a sort of mana pool."
"But we should have a national system with different regional managers working together over multiple events in different states."
"Out-of-court settlements.

For this to work logically I suppose we would actually need to work out the crunch and then fluff it all accordingly.
A cyberpunk setting might help with the 'speed' elements - hackers and netrunners operating at lightning speed off-stage would explain why it would take only a single conversation for a corporation's data to be raided and their crimes exposed in order to damage their stock holdings, for example. There could even be a metaplot leading up to something big in, fuck, I don't know, nanotech.
Regional managers to keep track of stock holdings and confirm various actions (yes your stock is down, you were hit by two hackers and had to settle out-of-court when another company framed one of your middle managers for sexual harassment or whatever). Plus that could help keep track of an ongoing metaplot?"
"Honestly OP, the biggest expense for this would probably be appropriately classy drinks.
Scotch and the like"
"if the drinks were really a concern we could just dye some other beverages. That way we don't end up with nerds who can't hold their booze just picking up the phone and telling the desk at the build "as my secretary Nancy, you are hear to do what I say. So get up here and wear something sexy." then going "ok guys, If I land this jump off the couch we totally get this merger ok?""
"Dedicated bartender could be one of the places to turn in cards. "Make me a martini and please tell the GM Veridian Dynamics is now a subsidiary of Weyland-Pascal Probability Industries, my good man.""
"Plus some corporate espionage cards could be used to ask the bartender about business gossip he overheard"
"Theoretically, if you really wanted, you could look at the OWoD Mind's Eye Theatre stuff, Laws of the Night in particular, and crib their Influence aspects for potential things. It was 90s vampire espionage in mortal society, probably easy enough to look at for 'here's how having lots of fingers in Transportation works'."
"How about 7 or 8 years ahead of whatever date it is? That would veto crazy situations (global thermonuclear war, flying cars, etc.) but be far enough ahead that current data couldn't be used."
"Contested actions (PvP) should be Rock Paper Scissors.
Have cards printed indicating which.

If a noticeable advantage is called for (wizard arm wrestling a fighter type shit) make it best of three, but the side with the advantage need only win 1."
"no, it should be more complex than that. A buy out only works if their stocks are low enough etc." In reference to rock-paper-scissors^
"Well, you could always, yet again, crib from OWoD Mind's Eye Theatre, with regard to traits, bidding (which makes a level of sense from a business standpoint, bidding resources) and alterations (The Bomb representing, say, corporate espionage, which only loses against Scissors)."
"This is an RPG where spreadsheets, numbers, smartphones and laptops ADD to the atmosphere rather than detract from it. Let's make the most of that."
"You'll want to look for a copy of Laws of the Night: Revised. It was a decently easy system, and basically it went like this.

You have Traits in Physical/Mental/Social categories, defined as words like Tough, Wiry, Attentive, etc. You had a number per category that you 'bid' with in conversation (I'm Astute enough to catch your faux pas.), then you threw RPS, with alterations from powers for various things.

It could easily be set up that you have, say, categories relating to areas of business (no ideas myself, though), with the descriptors within that. Still works relatively the same (Old bean, the Megacorp 5000 is too Global for your company to really pose a threat to.)."
http://www.4shared.com/office/4vAYCL3v/Laws_of_the_Night_Revised.html
"well I don't know if having stats to catch what people are saying is the way to go. Then people would have to check if they heard what they actually heard. I think all the traits should come from things like corporate stock, PR, and the like which players can increase and decrease with actions to help them with more free form actions like conversations."
Chairman of the Board
Chairman of the Board
Admin

https://mega-corp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hits from the first thread and discussion of them. Empty Re: Hits from the first thread and discussion of them.

Post  Chairman of the Board Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:46 am

"ok so, how far in the future is too far do you guys think?
Corporate hacking and therefore data-security need to be significantly big, but those are already emerging as we speak. Plus we don't want things to change too much, current suits need to still be in style. so I say nothing more than 20 years distant as absolute max."
" I just don't want it so far in the future people show up with crazy colors and hair"
^"And yeah, some guy showing up with a pink mohawk would just be ridiculous, and betray a certain... lack of seriousness in their approach to the concept."
Chairman of the Board
Chairman of the Board
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hits from the first thread and discussion of them. Empty Re: Hits from the first thread and discussion of them.

Post  Count Casimir Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:54 am

Interested, but I live in California. I'll definitely continue lurking to see if a nationwide collective starts up!

Count Casimir

Back to top Go down

Post  Chairman of the Board Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:57 am

Wonderful! I doubt this will be any local thing, it was started over the internet after all.
Chairman of the Board
Chairman of the Board
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chairman of the Board Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:58 pm

"For action resolution it'd be cool to combine the tokens of True Dungeon (using business cards instead obviously) with a simple dice-rolling software (smartphones, laptops, or tablets obligatory) - it'd be pretty robust and simple. Similarly, a simple website could keep track of wins and losses in real time, wouldn't be hard to code really. Heck, maybe even use QC codes!"
"Mhm, with a simple database, each code once entered would apply correct modifier to the roll and then apply it against hostile's stocks, or market share, or whatnot. It could also be a team-based LARP, where each Corporation (team) shares the same pool of 'stocks'. They have to defend their stock while raiding others."
Chairman of the Board
Chairman of the Board
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum